Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tryouts

After a ridiculously long Sunday (honestly, there were 42 hours in this day), I drove myself down to the hangar for tryouts,  blasting "Defying Gravity," of course.   I was worried I would be too early.  But, as Sister Pat from St. Mary's said, "To be early is to be on time."  There were about 20 other skaters there (mind you, this is a good 45 minutes before tryouts were to begin).  I felt really good about what to expect since the last two Wreckers practices were designed to prepare us for tryouts.
In total, there were about fifty women trying out.  Once we got started, things went pretty quickly.  I kept focusing on a sign that hangs in the hangar: "Win this moment."
I did my very best. As I type this entry, I am waiting for my phone call telling me if I made it onto Fresh Meat or not.  Dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment